Saturday, August 10, 2013

10 hours and 2 months later


Yes, I know, I've been a bad blogger! I've been away for awhile because I've been oh so busy! I wrapped up my aide position at the end of May and was offered a full time teaching position in Oklahoma City- a 10 hour car trip.

So in one month we packed up our apartment, I finished my job and had 2 weeks to wrap things up before the move. Luckily, my husband was done with school and able to do most of the packing~such a blessing!

So, not quite 2 months later and my classroom is set up, I have ad my first week and 2 days with my kiddos, we have bought a house, found a church and are settling into southern life. Whew! Yes, I will have pictures. I took some with my phone, but they weren't super great. I need to remember to take some AA batteries to school for my camera.

I have been keeping up with my reading, thanks to my Kindle. But have not been posting them on here like I thought I was going to, shame, I know. I've been trying to alternate between fiction and nonfiction, because that is what I will be asking my students to do and I figure if they ask me, I need to be a good example.

My school is great. The staff is wonderfully helpful, my principal is super supportive and we have a whole room full of leveled books for guided reading-yea! In future posts, I will probably try to break down my day and talk about different things we are doing for different subjects, but for now I will tell you our technology is good. I have 4 Nooks in my classroom, 2 computers a SMART board and the computer lab the students have access to is really nice (not old relics of computers, like some schools have). I am truly blessed :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.