Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Christmas in July

I am excited about tomorrow. My sister and I have been praying about and planned an activity for us to reach out and help those around us in the current economic hardship.

We are gathering people and donations to take to Pekin, Il. Once we get there we will be randomly selecting people or families to bless with our donations. We might pay for a family's grocery bill or meal for the night. I am excited because I know God can and will do amazing things when we ask Him to.

Although I am not entirely sure what will happen as we go about this adventure, I am ready to be a vessel for God to use me in whatever manner He chooses.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Brandi!! The link to your sister isn't working...is this Amanda?

    What kind of donations are you taking? I wish I had known sooner...I would have made a donation. Let me know if you do it again. Or if you want to "spot" me $20, I can put a check in the mail to you!

    Here's an idea for you to do with some of your college friends this year (or you could do it at church)...make care packages for the Future Hope Project (new mothers in Uganda)...you can click on the link from my blog for the details of what each care package includes. Or you can read about the care packages I put together and see pictures by clicking on the label Future Hope Project. I did a service project with it just this morning! If you want to pursue this further, let me know and I can help you with the details!

    I love your servant heart! Very admirable.

    Have you ever thought about sponsoring a child through Compassion? I know you are a poor college student, but that's when I started sponsoring and it has had such an amazing impact on my life. If you can't afford the $38 a month, but want to sponsor, you could ask a couple friends to go in together. Or maybe you could go in with Amanda and Malinda. Again...let me know and I can get you hooked up...but no pressure!!! seriously.

    Love you, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.