Thursday, August 11, 2011

Waiting and Praying

I thought for sure that this was the year I would get a teaching job and have my own classroom in a bigger sense than at Kumon. I've been praying all year and even more fervently all summer. I had 11 interviews for 8 jobs and used an entire box (100 sheets) of resume paper mailing out resumes, letters of recommendation, transcripts etc. I have met many great principals who, as lovingly as they could, told me they have chosen a different candidate. I know for one position I was up against 150 others who also desire to have their own classroom. I think the minimum was 12 for one job. The odds are not favorable. I love children and I love God and I know He has plans for my life. He has given me these talents to use, now I'm just waiting and praying that He allows me to use them in a bigger setting. I long to show children a joy for learning, to show them love and see them succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.