Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Reading

I finished Educating Esme, it was a quick read. The book was interesting, as was Madame Esme's personality. While I feel my personality and hers are rather different, I enjoyed seeing teaching from the perspective of someone who has such a different take on life. I am once again reminded how amazing it is that each and every person is unique (both people in general and students).

What am I reading now? Miracles Happen by Mary Kay Ash. Autobiographies have always interested me, perhaps because through them a person can see glimpses of that person that might have been rarely shown to the outside world. Autobiographies also fascinate me because often I learn new things about the period of time the person lived in. This helps me relate better to history, and will be especially helpful when I teach social studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking interest. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.