Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kids and Their Comments

Just wanted to share some of the joys of working with first grade children. One is that they are blatantly honest. If I forget to ask a question during morning opening, they tell me.

They don't mean it in a rude manner, they are just so routine based that it throws them off to have one question out of place. In my three weeks working with first graders I have had kids hitting each other, name calling, and poking each other with scissors, all very interesting experiences. I have also had some adorable moments. Today I recorded some of the things my 6 and 7 year old's said:

(right after fall decorations were put up) "We have a new student, it's a pumpkin"

"My mommy is about to get married. She is still finding a guy, though."

(comment to me concerning his page where he was writing his numbers to 100) "The numbers were counting just fine and now they are jumping all over the place. Miss Speerly, what is wrong?"

Student 1: Are fairies real?
Student 2: No
Student 1: God used fairies to make nature.
Student 2: You don't know that for real, you still have to learn it.
Student 1: Some people never seen fairies, so they don't know. Why did I see pixie dust when I was playing outside?
Student 2: I don't think it was a fairy, they only like nighttime.

They say the funniest things :)

3 comments:

  1. Here's a funny exchange between Sydney and I

    Syd: There's another hannukah

    Me: What's a hannukah? (just curious what her answer would be

    Syd: I said Honda Car mom

    Me: laughing!

    When's the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must be very fun to hear the things that come out of their mouths. 1st grade sure would be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.